Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Meet Stacey

Stacey, from Culture Rx, was assigned to help me stay sane during this transition.  She's brilliant and I was happy to meet with her over the phone today.  It's funny.  I had a list of things to cover and on that list was the logistics of the workshop - she also had that on her list.  And our punch list items were nearly identical!  That's how I knew I really liked her because she and I were on the same wave length!

1.  Logistics - Jodi & Michael will need to stay in Topeka.  I suggested something on Wanamaker as the rest of this town is pretty unpredictable and disgusting.  She will send me a Power Point presentation and also some sludge buttons (I love buttons - I'm pretty sure that's what she said - that's what I wrote down so I do hope I'm not mistaken here.  But if they are party hats instead of buttons that's even better because I do love a hat!)  She will also send me some handouts that I'll need to get to the remote staff.  We're going to use our cool WebEx virtual training center so the remote staff can participate and see, etc.  Stacey thought Jodi would love our technology so I'm VERY excited to share it with her!  We determined we'd have lunch brought in.  I did ask if there were any special diet considerations on their end and she indicated Michael is a Vegan.  Egads.  I wonder if there are any Vegan places in town?  We're kind of a Sirloin Stockade, Golden Corral kind of town.  I know there are two vegetarians on our staff, so hopefully one of them can help me with this mission.  She said Jodi isn't particular.  I'm hoping she'll just eat a tub of chocolate ice cream with me for lunch!

2.  I talked to her about what to do with our vacation/sick time.  We don't have an accounting issue because we do not accrue it on our books.  But it is there and accrued.  We talked about allowing people to continue to use the time from September 1st when we go live with ROWE until December 31st.  But I was nervous about that - if everyone is working under ROWE AND taking vacation/sick time I fear we'll get behind on work and everyone will pretty much be gone all the time trying to hurry and burn up their vacation/sick time.  (It's that whole sense of entitlement thing that drives people to do that kind of thing).  I suggested we just take it away, but leave the accrued vacation hours on the spreadsheet in case ROWE doesn't work and we have to revert back to a traditional (boring, non-productive, undesirable) work culture - then everyone would just pick up where they left off.  We finally decided that I would just watch peoples' reaction on Tuesday and listen to the buzz around the office after they had read the book.  Based on reactions and buzzing, we could then decide how to handle this matter.  I haven't taken a vacation yet this year personally - and have a TON of hours - I'm willing to forfeit them to go to ROWE - hopefully others see it the way I do. 

3.  I was concerned about medical leaves and returning to work, etc.  Lump in this conversation short and long-term disability.  We decided that we could still require people to provide a doctor's note releasing them to return to work if they were absent for more than 3 days.  We do that to ensure they are fit to work and don't end up hurt or sick and then sue us.  Stacey agreed that we should continue this policy.  We don't offer short-term disability, but some staff could have it through their voluntary benefits.  We do offer long-term disability.  Stacey admitted that it can get tricky with these two benefits because people are often-times able to work from home, so the insurance company then hassles them about paying the disability, etc.  She said to just keep them intact for now and handle them on a case by case basis.  While I don't see it as anything we will face in our near future - anything is possible and I just hope it doesn't turn into a major ordeal if we have to handle a situation like this.

4.  We talked about our announcement to the staff next Tuesday.  I asked her if she thought it would be appropriate for me to read an excerpt from the book as an opening.  She thought that would work well and that I should also state why this is good for the company and why it is good for them.  Then hand them the book and tell them their homework is to read it before August 31st. 

5.  We then talked about a situation we currently have wherein we offer up "extra work" for a cash bonus.  We do this when unforeseen projects come up and threaten to derail our other major projects/deadlines.  She thought we could continue to do this once in a while but to be aware that people might intentionally start using the system to ensure they get "extra" work and that cash bonus.  Good point.  I'm glad she brought it to my attention!

I am SO excited for next Tuesday.  I think I'll see if my colleague will video tape the announcement, because I'm not sure I'll be able to absorb every person's reaction there on the spot.  My bagful of excuses is going to be on vacation next week and unable to attend the meeting.  I really want him there - we're day two into me prodding and encouraging him to give up and hour of his vacation to conference in.  The excuses are amazing - wife doesn't like it (she will when she hears what we had to say)
- cell phone doesn't have coverage there (try a land line - they're amazing)
- other parties in his traveling party don't like it (don't know them - don't care)
- the meeting is too long (it's an hour - you'll survive)
- I've forgotten the others

I hope he makes it to the meeting and I hope he can make this transition.

6 days to announcement!!!  And actually - only 3 business days!!! 

Thank you to Stacey for all the wonderful advice today!

No comments:

Post a Comment