Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nothing a Little Sugar Can't Cure (the hiccup, that is)

Met with the Chairman today.  Gave him the whole back ground on this journey of mine leading up to the introduction of ROWE.  He listened intently and with sincerity - like he always does - because he is a man of heart and reason.  He was excited!  He couldn't wait to get his hands on the book - but for some reason I was having trouble handing it over.  I don't like loaning out my book - HA!  It's like my Bible or something.  I like to look at the highlighted words, and then look between the highlighted words to see what I may have missed the first go around.  And then I highlight some more.  I imagine that soon, the entire book will be yellow! 

But I handed it over at the end of our conversation.  He asked what he could do to help.  I indicated he could read the book and then come back to me with questions or concerns and I would talk through those with him - but ultimately I need and want him to be a cheerleader for this - but I want it to be genuine and sincere.  He committed to read the book and get back with me.  I think I might have noticed a slight skip in his step as he left my office!

He then hopped immediately on e-mail and sent his son and business partner in his other business the name of the book and recommended they also read it right away because they are having some cultural issues in that business as well.  He asked me to confirm this is a good idea before he hit "send" - I assured him it is an AWESOME idea!!! 

I can't WAIT to hear his feedback after he's read the book!  I hope he's at home reading it right now!

We have started toying with Google Apps here in the office - slick online tool!  I set up a site for the sales staff, posted a few things out there and also put all the tools and documents they need to do their jobs on their site!  Monday I will walk them throught it and I hope they find it as helpful as I want them to!

Sat in on a webinar about Social Media in service today - very fascinating.  I wonder how many of my staff also listened in as I suggested they do.  It will be interesting to hear their reactions and thoughts to this.  Add that to the list of things to work on - Social Media - B There or B Square.

And I've signed us up for a demo of a hosted Help Desk solution - I really hope people are starting to catch on to the fact that we're serious about change and we're moving at lightening speed!!! 

Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment