Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One Week Before Announcement!

Wow.  Seriously almost an entire week has passed since I last posted.  That's just what happens when you are in a ROWE - totally lose track of the days - that's what my new friend Stacy at Culture Rx tells me!  And I cannot wait to find out for myself!

Monday I got stuck at a baseball tournament unexpectedly so I was dashing around juggling meetings and appointments so I could be at that tournament.  Do you know that I did it!  I juggled it all.  I did not feel one ounce of guilt for it either.  It's liberating!  Not feeling guilty is a wonderful thing.

Tuesday I went to the new office space to see the suggested floorplans and layouts they had put together.  They looked great so now they are trying to price it all out.  Gosh I hope they can find what we want/need within our budget.  I'm starting to get nervous because we don't have it all finalized and yet we're taking the staff over there next Tuesday morning.  I explained to the design group that it was critical we walk in there with a plan.  We can't be hauling the group over there and then, when asked where everyone will sit and what it will look like, respond with "we dunno".  Hopefully they get it done - I better call over there tomorrow just to prod them along. 

Tuesday most of my direct staff and I participated in a demo conducted by Parature.  The demo was of their hosted Help Desk solution.  It is awesome!!!  360 degree help desk so customers can help themselves and track their own tickets to see progress, etc.  It also integrates with Facebook and other social media channels.  I'm very excited to further investigate this type of solution.  I fear the Parature solution is outside our budget based on some initial pricing the sweet gal gave me, but we're going to put together and RFP and submit it to them anyway.  I mentioned it to one of our sales guys and he said it sounded cool and he was very excited about all the changes.  I told him to go close some deals so we can move forward with ALL of the changes.  :-0

My fuse was short with one of my staff members AGAIN yesterday.  He really is a bagful of excuses.  At one point during a conference call I was literally pulling my hair and laying my head on my desk.  And all I could think was, "I cannot WAIT until we go to this ROWE because in that environment I'd bet he figures out how to get things done in the time frame provided.  And when it's HIS time at stake, I bet he doesn't sit on the phone with me for hours upon end being obtuse and coy."  I'm unamused.  Needs more time. I finally just snapped and said we were going to be moving very fast and very furiously and we don't have time to offer extensions on every project - they just need to get done so we can move on to the next project. 

The Work Sucks (and how to fix it) books arrived!!!  20 beautiful books neatly packed in a box.  I tore into the box and just stared at them.  It's real!  It's happening.  And I adore those books.  I caressed a few of them.  And I need mine back from the Chairman.  I'm LOST without it!  I wanted to look something up in it today and I couldn't.  (I was not in the office today so I couldn't look it up in one of the 20 books sitting in the box either!) I checked on his progress yesterday - he had not ready but maybe 2 chapters since I loaned him my book last Thursday - but he assured me he likes what he's read thus far.  I really hope he gets it done before Tuesday.  I better follow up with him tomorrow or Friday also.

Up next - conference call with Stacey from Culture Rx.  OH - but Cali sent the contract to me - I signed it and my colleague took pictures of me signing it - just my hand holding the pen and signing my name!!!  It can be a part of the scrapbook we're putting together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment