Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Today is THE Day

ROWE Implementation Workshop!!  And yes.  I'm awake at some ungodly hour of the morning.  Plagued with inherited insomnia that has decided to kick in high gear - right now.  I'll make it through.  As I drifted off to sleep last night, I thought of the perfect Facebook status for today.  And I considered getting up and writing it down - but decided it was so awesome that I would remember it.  I did not.  At 3:30 I woke up - wondering what that awesome thought was - and ever since I've been racking my brain. 

Because my Facebook status is just that important.

Read a few emails from work that came in late last night - one of which mentioned that some people couldn't go ROWE until we had an alternative phone system.  I'm sick of hearing that.  I'm sick of hearing that so long as people must use the office as their tool to doing their work they cannot go ROWE.  So I just shot off an email at 4:00 a.m. that reminded them ROWE has NOTHING to do with REMOTE  - it has everything to do with RESULTS and the ROWE would go into effect immediately.  Today is going to be very interesting for some.  And for me - to witness.  And I know that I will also learn so many new things - I'm certainly NOT the ROWE expert - but I do believe I have a far better grasp on the concept than some. 

Who think this is a perpetual paid vacation.  I wonder how long those people will survive in this environment.  I'm happy to have some backup today with the consultants coming in.  I wonder if they will punch people in the face?  I doubt it.  They only have to deal with people who don't get it in short spurts.  I look to be inspired by them.  Rejuvinated.  The spirit I had when I first read the book rekindled.  Strength and courage to continue this path of pioneerism.  That's what I hope to get out of today. 

I know I won't be disappointed!  I'm ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment