Monday, August 30, 2010

1 Day to ROWE Implementation Workshop

It's the day before our ROWE Implementation Workshop. I should be excited.  I should be on cloud nine.  Or ten.  Or even higher.  I should have a huge smile on my face and greet everyone with enthusiasm. 

But I am not and I do not.

I am in a foul mood.  Irritated with everyone and everything.  Anxiety?  General fatigue from the weekend?  General fed-upness with people that refuse to think outside of the box and instead of focusing energy on how they will make this ROWE work, they want to spend energy on coming with a million reasons why it won't?  I think that is likely the best explanation for my overall foul mood today.

There is still not an answer on the alternative phone system.  So really, what that means is that come Wednesday, there will still be a handful of people who will find themselves tethered to this office doing their work.  And yet, it was in their control to find an alternative solution.  I doubt they'll "get" that either.  I'm certain that will just add fuel to their already burning heavily fire of negativity.  I find their negative energy exhausting and draining.  And worthless.  Not to mention childish.  I also find that I'd like to punch them right in the face.

I'm hoping that in our workshop tomorrow, the consultants pick up on this and really push those people to their absolute limit on changing their mindset.  Here's hoping for a good night's sleep AND a wonderful day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment