Monday, June 28, 2010

Day - 8 - sure - let's call it day 8

Starting into the second week of my rejuvination process, I have nothing to report on the first Monday back.  I spent the day training a new employee, so no time to research, process new information I've learned recently or dream up new and exciting ways to lead my staff.  I did find that my attitude toward my staff was better than it has been in past weeks. I'm on my 4th book since last Thursday - "Hundred Percenters" - it's AWESOME and I cannot wait to get back to it tonight.  I think reading it has helped me to understand that the problems I'm having with my staff is not THEIR problem - I've created this problem and I have to lead them to a different desired output.  Likely that's why I was nicer to them today - I had a different perspective on them - I owe them something.  Not a party, not a raise, not more nicety - I need to challenge them and lead them to become better and loyal employees. 

I did get confirmation from Cali regarding our conference call on Thursday! I love her emails she sends me and I treasure each of them!  She is certain we will hit it off and I feel the same way!  I cannot wait to "meet" her!  Tomorrow is my staff meeting and I'm really excited about the agenda I've put together and the lamp lighter exercise I'm going to take them through.  They'll likely think I'm off my rocker (or drunk)  - but I am excited that the first step I've chosen to take with them is creative, non-normal and hopefully thought provoking!

No comments:

Post a Comment